Because Freedom Matters!
Bratislava Policy Institute, Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica and the Hanns Seidel Stiftung are pleased to invite you for the first annual international conference focusing on the different aspects of freedom. with the main focus on academic freedoms.
The conference will take place at the Faculty of Political Sciences and International Relations, Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica as part of a series of public events devoted to academic freedom.
Date: October 3, 2019, Banská Bystrica
The following topics will be discussed at the conference:
- Academic Freedom in CEE
- Academic freedom in Slovakia, freedom of speech in research and writing
- Freedoms, values and principles for which the Slovak academic community stands
- Limits and barriers of contemporary science and higher education in Slovakia
- Marketization of higher education
- Freedom of expression in post-real time
Registration is available via the electronic system (click here for registration). Deadline for completing electronic registration together with the title of the paper and the abstract (250 words) is September 15, 2019. Languages of conference are Slovak, Czech & English. Official program of the Conference will be available after completion of registration process.