Main objective of ComAnCE project (REC-AG-2018/REC-RRAC-RACI-AG-2018) is to produce and present, towards the state authorities, police force, fellows researchers, European institutions and bodies, focusing on discrimination and hate crime, a clear categorization, types and indicators of anti-Semitic hate speech / hate crime in Central Europe (V4) and a profile of consumers/ distributors of such hate speech/ crimes. This objective will be achieved through online survey in project countries and online content analyses of anti-Semitic hate speech/ hate crime in media outlets, especially social media. This database of scientific outputs will help with the creation of customized training program on anti-Semitic hate speech / hate crimes for state authorities, policy forces and NGOs on how to combat, localize and curbing manifestation of anti-Semitic hate speech / crime in V4. Since this type of hate speech is not related to the Jews anymore, and it is very active at the online sphere, it has a greater impact on the position of radicals / extremists in the system. People benefiting from the project are all research fellows from CE countries, whose work focuses on the various types of hatred, all relevant stakeholders and policy makers dealing with these issues and the victims of anti-Semitic hate speech/hate crime.
Duration of the project is 07/2019-06/2021. The results of the project will be mainly the increased capacity of state authorities’ police force and NGOs towards combating anti-Semitic hate speech and hate crime through proposed online database and training’s. This will also lead to the strengthen cooperation between national authorities, key stakeholders and NGOs. We believe that research results and customized training programs that we develop will lead to curbing manifestation of anti-Semitic hate speech and crime.
MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION OF THE PROJECT (WP1)
- Creation of an internal website to form a repository for documentary and other information that is relevant to the implementation of the project.
- Development of Scientific Coordination plan for all work packages coordinated and consolidated throughout the project duration.
- Internal periodic deliverables report on the achieved results of the project and the overall schedule of tasks.
INSTRUMENTAL, THEORETICAL FRAMEWORK (WP2)
- Final versions of the questionnaires will be developed, pretested and ready to be conveyed to a survey institute – documentation
- The final versions for methodological tool will be developed and ready for WP3 – documentation
- Report on the past and the current situation of anti-Semitism in selected countries in the context of prognosis for the future development
ADMINISTRATION OF SURVEY, CONTENT MEDIA ANALYSES (WP3)
- SPSS ready raw data set from the surveys
- Report on public opinion in V4- synopsis on values and attitude through time on anti-Semitic hate speech
- Report on media content analysis on hate speech – synopsis on current trends in anti-Semitic hate speech at the online sphere
DATA MANAGEMENT AND DESIGN OF DATABASE CATEGORIZATION AND COSTUMIZED TRAINING PROGRAM (WP4)
- Main data set
- National report on media content
- Online database
- Customized training program
DISSEMINATION, POLICY RECOMMENDATION AND EXPLANATION OF DATA (WP5)
- Final exploitation plan
- Policy briefs
- Project website